Saturday, June 18, 2011

Break

When I reach a breaking point
It's time to break away
When I feel like breaking down
It's time to make a break for it
When I feel like breaking up
Better to break free
When my day seems so very long
Time to take a break
When a task seems to overwhelm
Time to break it up

I'm not superman
I don't wear a cape
Time to give myself a break

Today I woke up just wanting to have a different kind of day.  I thought about all the things I should be doing.  I thought about my normal routine.  But I just was not feeling it.  So today I gave myself a break.  I changed my day around.  I did some things I wanted to do.  I accomplished a few things that were on the have to do list.  I spent some time with friends.  I met some new friends.  Need a break, take one.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. When my kids were little, they loved the book "Bert and Ernie's Opposite Day". Bert and Ernie get bored with the daily routine and do the opposite of what they normally do. To this very day, even though the kids are grown...we still do this sometimes. It's nice to shake up the routine once and a while. It spurs some creativity :)

    ReplyDelete