Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Web


A web of choices
A web of voices

A web of decisions
A web of visions

A web of memories
A web of enemies

A web of trends
A web of friends

A web of things I've fought
A web of my own thoughts

A web of words
A web of the unheard

A web of feeling
A web of healing

A web of strife
This is my life


I have moments in my life when I feel like I am fighting my way out of a web of chaos.  Some of the chaos I can't control.  However, I have come to realize that much of my chaos I have created.  Some of the things that I fight against are a direct result of my own choices, or my stubborn determination to not make a choice.  Sometimes by trying to avoid choosing I have, in fact, made my choice. 

The big question, how do I get out of this web?  I know that I am tired of fighting.  I am tired of wrestling with all my thoughts in my dreams.  I am tired of feeling trapped.  Consequently, I think that I will try to sit quietly and observe my life from outside the chaos.  Perhaps if I quit fighting so hard, some of the web will just fall away.  We shall see.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Impressed with the emotion I feel is attached to this writing. I am personally acquainted with a great problem solver. bjl

    ReplyDelete