Monday, June 13, 2011

Fill Your Shoes



Your shirt's too large
Your stride too long
You stand firm
I'm not that strong

You've made choices
You're usually right
I make mine
With you in sight

No ones perfect
Except for you
From what I see
My point of view

I try real hard
To make you proud
My voice gets lost
In the crowd

I try to live
The way you would
I try to do
The things I should

I make mistakes
And always lose
When I try
To fill your shoes

So I will follow
Close behind
Please understand
This life is mine

And though I walk
A different way
I still listen
To all you say

So when I stumble
And start to fall
Please remember
I feel small

Reach out your hand
And help me up
For what I need
Is just your love

I have been blessed to be a part of an incredible family.  I have had the good fortune of knowing several fantastic people in my life.  I have learned so much from all of these people.  I look to them for inspiration and guidance.  And there are times that I wish I could be more like any one of them.  In fact, there have been times that I have tried to do things the way I think they would.  Unfortunately, I usually fail when I try to be something I am not.  I cannot possibly fill their shoes. 

It is one thing to follow someone's example, it is something entirely different to walk in their shoes.  When you try to walk in someone else's shoes, failure is almost guaranteed.  We all have our own shoes, our own path, our own experiences.  And chances are there are people looking to you and trying to fill your shoes.  It would seem that each of us should walk our own path, fill our own shoes and reach out in love to those around us. 



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.



No comments:

Post a Comment