Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Inside My Globe

Life inside my bubble
Music's kinda garbled
Climate stays the same
Everyone knows my name

Life inside my glass
People can't harass
I can be unique
Some would say a freak

Life inside my globe
People cannot probe
They can see my light
Think that I'm all right

Life inside my sphere
No one can get near
No one knows my pain
Or hurts that I contain

Life inside my ball
I am standing tall
I simply cannot fall
And yet I feel so small

Life inside my orb
I cannot absorb
The energy of life
I only know my strife

So if you have a hammer
Save me from this glammer
Kindly break my sphere
For I am drowning here

What I really need
Is simply to be freed
For I have things to share
I have love to spare

I could use a hand
Brushing off the sand
And I could use a friend
To help my heart to mend

Sometimes I see someone who appears to have the perfect life.  Everything seems to work for them.  And they never seem to have any problems.  I always seem to be surprised when I discover that they have disappointments and heartaches in their life.  And there are times that I discover that they are lonely. 

I have learned to hide my feelings and disguise my thoughts.  I have learned to appear strong and calm even when my world seems to be crumbling around me.  As I walk through life being strong and pretending everything is sunshine and roses, I often miss the acts of kindness and thoughtful words of my friends.  When I am so busy walking proud and keeping it together I assume that others are doing fine.  I miss the opportunity to be a friend to someone else. 

Perhaps it is time to put our globes away and reach out to those around us.  Perhaps it is time to walk this path with friends by our side.  Together, hand in hand, we can make the world a better place.  When we walk together, no one stands alone.



Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment