Saturday, January 21, 2012

Never Quite The Same




nice and neat
perfectly wound
spring in my step
energy abounds

i slink down the stairs
and stretch out far
make fun noises
i am a star

i love to play
i don't care how
i snap right back
at least 'til now

life has taken
a funny turn
i'm twisted and tangled
and a bit concerned

i've lost my shape
i can't spring back
my mind is slipping
fear i will crack

i am stretched
and out of shape
need some love
perhaps some tape

along the way
i've been off track
there are things
i can't take back

i take some time
unwind the knots
cleanse my heart
wipe out the spots

now i know
it's not a game
and i will never
be quite the same


Alexandra thinks that her GG is magic and can fix anything.   Oh how I wish it were true.  When she handed me the tangled slinky and said "fix it, GG, fix it", I tried.  I was able to get the tangles out.  But, the slinky certainly did not look the same.

As we walk our life's path we should remember the slinky.  You can stretch it and pull it.  You can walk it down the stairs.  But when it gets tangled, it will never be the same.  We allow things to get us all tied in knots, we make questionable choices, we don't pay attention to where our life is headed.  All of these things can tangle our hearts and our souls.  As a result, we are never quite the same.

So as you walk through your day, consider the slinky.






Copyright 2012 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. This "slinky" sure is not the same since that fateful "stairs experience"

    ReplyDelete