Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Know A Man



i know a man

a godly man
compassion in his heart
a patient man
understanding is his art
a loving man
wisdom he imparts
a forgiving man
believes in a fresh start
a humble man
simply doing his part

i know a man
he is my dad
and when you say
i am like him
my heart is truly glad



Through the years I have watched my dad reach out to so many people.  I have watched him mourn with them, celebrate with them, guide them and comfort them.  There were times as a child I was jealous of the time he spent with other people.  But most of the time, I was amazed by how much he touched their lives simply by loving them.  He encouraged people to be themselves.  He taught them be their very best.  He helped them discover new talents.  He applauded every success.

Yesterday I was blessed to watch an outpouring of appreciation and love for dad and his life's work.  I watched video greetings from around the world.  I looked at cards from all over the United States.  I visited with people representing so many years of ministry.  My dad was surprised, overwhelmed and speechless.  When he finally found words, "I was just doing what I thought was right".

To all of you who contributed to this occasion, thank you for honoring my dad.  It was a blessing for him and for my entire family.  Blessings to each of you and your families.







Copyright 2012 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.





No comments:

Post a Comment