Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Feathers



i've made mistakes
taken wrong paths
said the wrong thing
done things i regret
but i don't sweat it
they are just feathers
that make me unique
each one was a lesson
each one is a part
of the person i am
they're a piece of my heart
i carry these feathers
for awhile
to grow and change
i wear them with style
when the lesson is learned
they float through the air
taking my troubles
and the wisdom i share
should you see my feather
go floating by
i don't need it back
for i've learned to fly



Why is it that we choose to see our mistakes as weights and chains?  We drag them around and allow them to hinder our spirits.  Although there are some mistakes I wish I hadn't made, I am thankful for the person I am today as a result of those mistakes.  I am who I am today.  And I am a delight, a little odd, a colorful individual with deep understanding.  Most of who I am is a result of the lessons learned in the life I have lived.  I will be a better person tomorrow because of the feathers of today.  And my troubles and my mistakes, they will float away.  I am free to fly.  Are you?





Copyright 2012 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment