Friday, September 16, 2011

Unconditional


love
a true love
an unconditional love
causes pain
wounds and scars
the heart

a heart
a true heart
an unconditional love
will heal
bind the wounds
and love again

a heart
a fearful heart
an unscathed heart
will shrivel
will never know
the wonders of love


To offer unconditional love, does not mean blindly leaping into the fire.  It is natural to be cautious when you have been hurt.  I prefer to learn, grow and continue to love.  To offer less than unconditional is to make a mockery of the beauty of love.

Unconditional love does not mean going back and trying to recapture what you have lost.  It is forgiveness, believing in the possibilities, encouraging the best in the one you love.  It is moving bravely into the future by building on past experiences.   

Unconditional love does not ignore the lessons learned, nor does it dismiss the reality and limitations of those you love or yourself.  Love does accept the imperfections and quirks.  Love does imagine a healing beyond measure.  For that is the power of unconditional love.

I know that some do not understand.  I know that some do not agree.  But for me, unconditional love is my only option.  To deny my heart is to deny who I am.  To deny my heart is to reject my calling.  To deny my heart is to choose a death I could not bear.  I must choose unconditional love, for it is the beat of my heart, the light in my soul and my very purpose on this earth.




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment