Sunday, September 4, 2011

Character

a sapling i'm not
too many years gone
i've braced against winds
and braved many storms
my leaves have dried
been scattered about
i've learned to adapt
to dig my roots deep
i've twisted around
to reach the light
and though i don't stand
straight and tall
i am unique
and my character strong


I love trees. I love how every tree tells it's own story.  My favorite trees are the ones that are twisted and spread out.  They truly speak to the individual strength and determination of the tree.

People are much the same.  Are any of us really normal?  Are any of us untouched by the events of our life?  I would venture to say that we are all a bit twisted like the trees.  Doesn't it make life grand?





Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved. 

 

1 comment: