Monday, August 1, 2011

Perspective

do you see
do you hear
do you understand
do you perceive
my intent

do you know
do you feel
do you recognize
do you experience
my heart

do you comprehend
do you fathom
do you realize
do you interpret
my thoughts

can you imagine
the depth
of my love
or my pain
or my confusion
or my fear
or my uncertainty
or my compassion
or my kindness
or my conviction

do you know me
really


We think we understand others, but our own beliefs, experiences, thoughts and moods color our perspective.  What we present to others and what they receive are usually very different. 

In order to see the world exactly like me, you would have to crawl into my head.  And it is crowded enough already.

So with an open mind and an open heart let us reach out to each other. 




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment