Sunday, July 17, 2011

Crash



free weekend
list of projects
coffee on
computer fired up
ready to go

crash
computer goes down
all files lost
pictures floating in cyberspace
overwhelming panic
weekend shot


I woke up Saturday morning excited for this weekend to begin.  All week long I compiled a list of things to do this weekend.  Organize pictures and files on my computer, back them up to external hard drive, edit some writings, do some accounting etc.  As I started organizing and getting ready to hook up the external hard drive, my computer screen goes blank.  I restart my computer, try to pull up my files...all folders empty.  Needless to say, I panicked.  I packed up my computer and went in search of the geek squad.  They assured me, it was an easy fix.  However, it would be 24 to 48 hours until I got the computer back. 

In that brief moment all my best laid plans gone.  I hate to admit how much I missed my computer, but I did.  I would be reading and want to check something on the computer.  Alas the table was empty.  So I spent the weekend trying to entertain myself in different ways.  And while I enjoyed reading and sleeping a little later, I am thrilled to have my computer back. 

Much like life, we have plans made and crash...something changes.   Lesson learned...don't take anything for granted. 




Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment