Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I Walk

i walk
to fight the demons

i walk
to sort my thoughts

i walk 
to face my failures

i walk
to find my dreams

i walk
to battle pain

i walk
to conquer fears

i walk
to ease the madness

i walk 
to drown the noise

i walk
to lose the baggage


i walk
to heal my heart

i walk
to find myself

i walk...

but one day

I WILL RUN

I recently started walking every day.  Every day is a new journey, a new battle, a new discovery.  As I walk, my heart and mind do battle.  When the weight of my past heartaches and mistakes fill my head and invade my soul, my head bows and I struggle to lift my feet.  I fight to lift my head and push on, one step at a time.  As I look where I am going, the disappointments of my past roll down my back.  And for a brief moment I begin to dream again.  I begin to see a different life.  I begin to believe in me.  And so, I walk.



Copyright 2012 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment