Sunday, November 27, 2011

Dreams



sifting through the pieces
of my broken dreams
searching for parts
to salvage
looking for pieces
that I can reclaim

so many dreams
have gone up in smoke
and there are those
i've simply outgrown
some were lost
by choices i've made

now here i am
wanting a dream
building a purpose
with the foundation
i've laid

so i'm taking small pieces
from my broken dreams
creating a life
starting right here
forgiving my past
changing my ways

and on that day
when my life is done
i will quietly pass
with no regrets
and thankful
for my second chance



I have had many dreams throughout my life.  And I have had a precious few that have come true.  For those I am grateful.  Unfortunately, I have allowed far too many to disappear.  Some I have lost because life happened.  Others because I didn't fight hard enough.  Some because I did not believe in myself and my worth. 

What I do know is that I am running out of chances.  I cannot get time back.  I cannot change what has been.  But, I can change me.  I can give my dreams the respect and the fight they deserve.  So today, I am reclaiming my dreams.  Today I begin the fight to reclaim those dreams that define me.  Today I make a change.

I may fall and stumble.  But, I pray for the courage and the strength to get up and continue on.  For those who love me, I ask one thing...get the bandaids ready.  I am ready to do this.






Copyright 2011 Ramblings by Dawn.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment